Wednesday, February 5, 2014

When Daddy has school

The hubs has been in school off and on the last few weeks and this week it has been "Fundamentals of Investigations".  Last night we all got home, he sat down in his recliner with his stuff from the week and started studying because he has a test today.

I go about the business of being a mom.  Getting little boys homework folders signed, and supper cooked, and laundry going and just things in general done.  The hubs says you may have to give me this test in a bit.  I said ok (of course what else would I say).  Then the kids set down in the living room to read and he starts asking them questions. 

I got so tickled.  I said Cop's kids...learn the fundamental of investigations right along with the Cop. 

I will admit the three none LEO in our family did pretty darn good on the test seeing as how we don't do investigations. 

It caused a flash back to BLET.  I will be the first one to admit, parts of that were craptastic.  When he was learning take down tactics and pressure points.  Guess who got to  learn them by example?  Yep you guessed it.  So I will say thought that is handy knowledge to have. Ya know just in case I ever have to take someone down and all.

I realize that each profession has it's own quirks and stuff, but seriously a 9 year old and 7 year old answering questions about fundamentals of investigation is hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment