Monday, April 7, 2014

Cold Feet in the bed

Hubs worked all weekend.  The kids and I had various things going on, much as we do every weekend when he works.  It dawned on me Sunday afternoon while the kids and I were trying to get ready for the week ahead that, Hey we have only Hubs about 45 minutes ALLLLL WEEKEND.  Now let me just say that his schedule was Friday and Saturday 2pm-2am, then Sunday he worked 1pm-1am.  We text rather often and even chatted on Facebook briefly, and somehow managed to find, agree upon and reserve a vacation home for our annual family trip. He did get to come home fairly close to his actual time to get off work, but we were all asleep.  Even with that, it still kinda sucks when you realize you haven't seen your spouse in pretty much 3 days.  So last night, he had some time to burn, so he came home a little bit early.  I was snuggled in the bed watching Nights in Rodanthe.  Hubs finally comes to bed, and puts his cold feet right up against my warm legs.  Normally he does this when I am almost totally asleep and I will admit to not always being nice when he does.  Last night however was a different story. I was just happy to have his cold feet home and snuggled up next to me.

A lot of times we take time together for granted, then there are times when you just can't imagine them not being there.  Those are the times that you just need to see them or talk to them, or just in general know they are there and are ok. 

Hubs is home tonight, and it is raining here all day, so Thing 1 and 2 don't have ball practice.  We actually have a night at home to get a couple of things taken care of at home, and I can get cookies baked for snack for the kids ball game tomorrow night.  There are very few dull moments in our home especially this time of year, but I am more than grateful that Hubs is going to be home tonight to spend it with us.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE this! And I can totally relate. Hate those cold feet... Except when you don't <3

    https://letslovecops.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart brakes every time my husband walks out the door my kids say "don't be a hero to some zero". All they really want is there dad to walk back there the same door he left in without getting hurt or possibly dying over some useless situation. Like those whose critize cops but then call them or need them when they or family members need them.

    ReplyDelete