Monday, November 5, 2012

There really is a difference...

I will be the first to admit it takes a special something to be an LEO.  However, no matter how tough the man with a badge, he will be knocked to his knees like a little boy as soon as a cold hits.  One has hit dear old Hubs and let me tell you, there is a difference in man sick and mom sick.

I received a text earlier today that simply said "your man is getting sick"  the sender is a person I often refer to as a saint.  She is the only female at our PD and well they would fall apart with out her. The text made me cringe. 

I realize that it isn't that bad really but I would rather have all the sickness at once than for any of my 3 guys to get sick.  Somehow the mom handles it better.  That is why she is the mom. 

Hubs calls me to ask if we have soup.  We did not.  However after I stopped at the grocery on the way home, we did, and cheese for ooey gooey grilled cheese.   Then he ask if I can fix the vaporizer.  So I did.  I also put 2 cold pills and a bottle of water on his nightstand and the heating pad at the foot of the bed set to high. There is also a supply of tissue.

Hopefully this passes soon.  Hopefully it doesn't get worse.  Hopefully I can breathe in the a.m. because it smells like a menthol factory blew up in this room.    

No comments:

Post a Comment