Thursday, November 29, 2012

Who needs sleep after all

We are inthe throws of Hubs vacation time.  He uses most of his vacation time at the end of the year so he can hunt.  Yes we are southern, yes we hunt, yes we eat what we hunt.  He is also taking the Things with him.  Nothing like a little Daddy/Sons time in the woods. 

While Hubs work schedule has his sleep schedule different from everyone in the house, I am the one most often effected.  I am aware of how selfish that sounds, and honestly I am ok with that.    Most days when he works he is scheduled from noon to midnight.  Now anyone married to a cop more than a week knows these are just "suggestions"  There are many nights that he doesn't come in till 1 or later.  Some nights I am awake, others I get woken up.  This is something you just learn to deal with.

However!!  He is not sleeping while on vacation.  He was up all night last night, and felt that I needed to be up till 2 in the morning--in his defense he was looking on the laptop and I was laying down on the bed.  I honestly thought when my kids started sleeping all night, I would get to also.  Boy was I mistaken. 

Sleep is a myth.  Especially when you are married to a cop.

No comments:

Post a Comment